Since the very first edition of the festival, the Go Short Campus has been a meeting point for filmmakers who are about to make the leap from the academy to the professional world.
The New Arrivals – Go Short Campus brings emerging filmmakers and seasoned film professionals together. It offers a unique and intensive program to 20 young film professionals from all over Europe and the Middle East. The campus focuses on giving hands-on knowledge about everything that becomes urgent as soon as students leave the academy.
Get the skills and competence you need
How do I pitch my (short) film? Where can I find an audience? How can I distribute my film? Questions that are hardly dealt with at the academy will be tackled during the Go Short Campus in workshops and masterclasses by international short film professionals.
What to expect at the campus
- • Masterclasses by international award-winning short film makers. For 2018 one of these masterclasses will be given by Eva Weber, London-based German director of documentary as well as drama shorts.
- • Workshop on the theory and practice of pitching your short film plan. You will get professional hands-on guidance to prepare and present a pitch of your own film plan. After this workshop you will work towards a pitch in front of a panel of international festival programmers, sales agents and producers.
- • Workshop festival strategy and distribution by Wouter Jansen (distributor at Some Shorts and programmer at Go Short) and Kirsten Ruber (founder and director of Go Short).
- • Access to the industry day: a day in the festival filled with panel talks, workshops and keynotes on current topics within the international field of short film and a chance to meet the industry in speed dates and a networking drink.
- • Masterclass on international co-producing and financing.
- • Access to all screenings, events, drinks, parties and activities of the festival. You can also enter the video library, where you can watch all the selected films shown on the festival on demand.
This is where you’re going
Go Short – International Short Film Festival Nijmegen is a bustling, inspiring and Oscar® Qualifying festival with 300 short films, over 19.000 visitors and 500 delegates. Here you can mingle with filmmakers, festival programmers, producers and distributors from all over Europe. Outside the screening rooms you can attend plenty of social events, parties and performances.
Who can attend?
All young film professionals are welcome to apply for one of the 20 available spots. We will make a selection based on your film plan, motivation, CV and previous film(s). Please find the complete regulations here.
Dates: 10 – 15 April 2018
Place: Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Costs: €295 (included in the price: workshops, accommodation, breakfast, lunch, (a few) drinks and access to all screenings and festival events)
Deadline for application: before or on Sunday 28 January 2018
Are you ready to launch your career in film?