I'm having trouble loading the films. What can I do?
We use Vimeo to show the films. It may be that the films do not load quickly or that they have to buffer midway through. This often has to do with the quality of the streaming and the internet speed. Try to lower the quality of the stream to 720p. Do you keep having trouble loading the films? More information can be found here.
Can I stream the films to my tv?
Yes, that’s possible with an online connection. For example via Chromecast or AirPlay. You do have to stream every film to your TV individually. Note: do you stream via your phone? Then make sure that your iPhone or Android phone is fully up to date with the latest software.
Can I also watch films outside the Netherlands?
Yes, you can watch Go Short Online films anywhere in the world. However, the number of films that can be watched outside the Netherlands may be limited, depending on your location. All films in the European, student and Dutch competitions can only be viewed from the Netherlands. The other programs (Focus on Croatia, International Highlights, Family Shorts, Comedy Shorts and Human Rights Shorts) are available worldwide.
Where can I buy tickets?
You can buy Go Short+ Access via this link. You pay €15 once and then you have access to all the films until 25 April 2021. Go Short+ Pro Access: €20.
Do I have to create an account?
Yes, to stream Go Short Online films you need to create an account.
How do I create an account?
- First, you go to Go Short Online.
- Fill in your email address to access Go Short Online.
- If you haven’t registered yet, you will receive an email via which you will proceed to the registration form.
- Fill in the form and pay via one of the payment methods.
- Yes, you are now registered and have an account for Go Short Online!
- Log in via the button ‘sign in’ at the top right of your screen.
I have an account, how do I log in?
There are two options:
- by clicking ‘sign in’ at the top right of the screen and entering your email address and password.
- by entering your email address in the bar in the middle of your screen. You will then receive an email with a link to the hub and you will be automatically logged in.
What payment methods are there?
You can pay via iDeal, PayPal, Visa Mastercard, Bancontact, Giropay and VVV Gift Card.
Note: it is only possible to pay with the VVV Gift Card. This is a plastic card or a digital code. The VVV Gift Voucher, the old-fashioned paper version, cannot be used.
I have paid, and now?
Now you can use Go Short Online until 25 April! To access the platform, you have to log in with your account details.
I have not received an e-mail
- If you have not received the email after a few minutes, check the spam box. Do you use Gmail? Then it is possible that the mail ends up in the folder ‘updates’ or ‘promotions’.
- Add Go Short International Short Film Festival Nijmegen <email@example.com> as a contact and try again.
Have you gone through these steps and still have not received an email? Contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Films & program
Are the films subtitled?
Yes, all films are either English spoken or English subtitled unless otherwise stated.
Can I pause a screening?
Yes, that’s possible! You can pause a film and continue watching it at any time.
How many times can I watch a film or a screening?
An unlimited amount of times! Until 25 April you have access to Go Short Online and you can watch films or screenings as often as you want.
Is there an age restriction on films?
We recommend that you watch the films from the age of 16. The Family Shorts programs are suitable for 4+ and 10+.
About Go Short Online
What is Go Short Online?
Go Short Online is an on-demand short film festival, which takes place from 8 – 25 April 2021. With Go Short Online we honor the best shorts of last year, our talent platform and hub to international prizes EFA, Oscar and BAFTA.