The Go Short – International Short Film Festival Nijmegen foundation respects your privacy. This statement describes how Go Short handles your personal data.
Usage of the personal data that was provided by you
Go Short will only use and processes personal data if this is necessary to achieve the goals they are asked to achieve.
- When you send in a film to be registered, Go Short processes the data provided to fulfil the request and to be able to maintain contact with you regarding the registration.
- If you register for an event online or if you ask for accreditation, Go Short will process the data to fulfil the request, to maintain contact regarding this registration and to ensure the execution of the agreement.
- If you buy a ticket or pass online from Go Short, we will only use your data to contact you about the relevant activity and the execution of the agreement or to inform you about similar products and services from Go Short.
- If you buy a ticket or pass online for a Go Short activity through the LUX ticket system. Go Short can view this information and will only use it to contact you about the relevant activity and the execution of the agreement or to inform you about similar products and services from Go Short.
- If you buy a ticket or pass online for a Go Short activity through the ikbenaanwezig ticket system. Go Short can view this information and will only use it to contact you about the relevant activity and the execution of the agreement or to inform you about similar products and services from Go Short.
- If you send in an application, Go Short will process your personal details as part of the application process.
There are exceptions in which Go Short will process your personal details without you giving explicit permission for this, but this will only happen in case of legitimate interest:
- If you are involved with Go Short as participant, partner, employee, or volunteer, Go Short will keep your personal details to be able to contact you for future cooperation.
- If you visit a Go Short event there is a possibility that you will be seen in photos or videos. These images can be used for future reports and promotional purposes.
Go Short will not keep personal details longer than necessary for data processing purposes in accordance with the laws of Public Records. Furthermore Go Short ensures that these personal details are secured appropriately.
Recipients of your data
Go Short can provide your personal data to the following recipients:
- Persons who are necessarily involved with the execution of the agreement
- Persons who are necessarily involved in the communication with you
- Others, provided that you have unequivocally granted permission for this
- Others, in case the data processing is necessary to comply to the law
- Others, given that the data is exclusively being processed for statistical of historical purposes.
Transfers to other countries outside the EU/EEA
Your personal details will not be passed through to other countries outside the EU or the EEA, with an exception of MailChimp, located in the United States of America, provided that you have applied for our newsletter. MailChimp owns a model agreement that has been approved by the European Commission in which they provide an appropriate level of protection (also approved by the European Commission) for your personal data to be processed.
Referrals to other websites
On the Go Short website there are certain options the user can select to access the websites of different organisations. Go Short is not responsible for how other websites process your personal details. Go Short recommends that you read and understand the privacy agreement of these websites. The privacy statement on these websites may differ from the Go Short agreement.
Go Short uses Google Analytics to keep track of online statistics and to optimize the website. The information is transferred to Google servers in the United States of America and kept for an undetermined period of time.
If you would like to block cookies you can configure this in the settings of your Internet browser. Each Internet browser varies in how you can configure this but most browsers provide a useful help button to help you out. If you choose to block the cookies it is possible that our website will not function properly.
If we haven’t dealt with your complaint accordingly you have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority regarding how we process your personal details.
Go Short reserves its right to adjust this Privacy Statement. Go Short advises you to regularly check this page to find out if any adjustments have been applied.
Last update: 26 March 2021